My name is Pieter Vroom and I am married with two children.
Before qualifying as a counsellor and psychotherapist I worked as a teacher for many years.
I have worked as a counsellor in two GP practices, with a wide variety of people and issues, as well as for a university offering mental health support to students. I now work in private practice, and provide supervision for a national charity. I am also contracted to provide counselling and psychotherapy for employees of a County Council.
My approach is integrative, which means I use different methods according to the client's needs. The main approaches I use are person centred approach, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and attachment theory.
My counselling qualifications:
- MSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of Derby)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of Derby)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of Derby)
- Introduction to Counselling (Open University)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Birmingham Metropolitan College)
- Cruse supervisor's course
- Cruse "Awareness in Bereavement Care" course
I am a member of the BACP, and registered with the BACP register, which is independently vetted and approved by the Professional Standards Authority.
Other qualifications include: MA, BA, BSc, PGCE.